Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Fresno is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in California.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Make sure you safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Unfortunately, 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Many drivers in Fresno can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they bought a different policy.
Score discounts on Fresno car insurance
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden car insurance savings.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Fresno car insurance quote.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of more than 20%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Fresno and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will help lower the premium cost.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Acura ZDX car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century includes discounts for student driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, good student, and teen driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, defensive driving training, multiple autos, good driver, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include anti-theft, family plan, accident-free, defensive driving, business or organization, and multi-policy.
- Esurance offers discounts for anti-theft, renters, claim free, paid-in-full, and online shopper.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, good student, driver training, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in your area. To find insurance companies who offer discounts in California, click here to view.
Cheapest Acura ZDX insurance quotes in Fresno, CA
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The premium table displayed next highlights detailed analysis of insurance prices for Acura ZDX models. Being able to understand how insurance policy premiums are calculated can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$454||$882||$574||$34||$172||$2,116||$176|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$454||$998||$574||$34||$172||$2,232||$186|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific location which can revise auto insurance rates considerably.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Acura ZDX yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Acura ZDX liability-only versus full coverage
The information below visualizes the comparison of Acura ZDX premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive guideline that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Acura ZDX book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are not as apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Prevent theft and lower rates – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent auto theft.
Get better rates after the wedding – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your insurance policy. It translates into being more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Tickets can increase premiums – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Even a single driving citation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get serious violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can impact Acura ZDX insurance premiums for each different age group. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Stay claim-free and save money – If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance companies in California give discounts to people who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
You may save more by bundling policies – Most insurers will give a discount to clients that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Compare prices but buy from a local Fresno insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Fresno.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Fresno who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
The difference between Fresno auto insurance agents
If you want a local Fresno insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they work. Insurance policy providers may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell insurance policies, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you compare prices from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent agencies in Fresno who may provide comparison quotes.
M D Manouel Insurance Inc
7447 N First St – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 446-0588 – View Map
United Valley Insurance Services
3245 W Figarden Dr – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 256-2500 – View Map
7078 N Maple Ave # 106 – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 324-1421 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fresno willing to provide price quote information.
Rufino Paguio – State Farm Insurance Agent
5637 W Figarden Dr #108 – Fresno, CA 93722 – (559) 277-1903 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Roger Noguera
3032 W Bullard Ave – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 435-2246 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: David Frisby
1625 E Shaw Ave #148 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 224-2100 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How long has the business existed?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though Fresno ZDX insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your ZDX, most lenders will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies every year to save money.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on Acura ZDX insurance in Fresno. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Fresno car insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Fresno car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver and even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company is less work than it seems.
There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced Acura ZDX insurance in Fresno can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional auto insurance information is available below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)