Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who shop around once a year are inclined to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rates annually saved as much as $72 a month compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into how to quote and compare coverages can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable Acura TL insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who provide auto insurance in Fresno. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as getting speeding tickets and your credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Fresno. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. As soon as you can, keep your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
An important note is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
This article’s intent is to familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes and how to save the most money. If you have insurance now, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. But California vehicle owners must learn the way insurance companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering Acura TL insurance in Fresno
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in California, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Acura TL insurance charts and tables
The premium information shown next highlights estimates of policy rates for Acura TL models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are figured is important for making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$234||$564||$534||$32||$160||$1,524||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Information does not factor in your specific Fresno location which can modify coverage prices greatly.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Acura TL yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below compares Acura TL yearly insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura TL replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
You may qualify for discounts for Acura TL insurance in Fresno
Some insurance providers do not advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Fresno car insurance online.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance carriers have lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO allow you one accident without raising rates if you have no claims before the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance on a new TL can save up to 30% since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Acura TL car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some credits might not apply everywhere.
Auto insurance agents can help
Certain consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Fresno.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Fresno who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When searching for an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to contact multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Fresno that can give you comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Maffei Ins and Fin Services
5633 W Figarden Dr Ste 104 – Fresno, CA 93722 – (559) 322-3355 – View Map
- United Valley Insurance Services
3245 W Figarden Dr – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 256-2500 – View Map
- Kelly-Naney Insurance
516 W Shaw Ave – Fresno, CA 93704 – (559) 224-7164 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Fresno that are able to give rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Israel Cortes
5446 N Palm Ave #105 – Fresno, CA 93704 – (559) 230-1300 – View Map
- Janean Wolfe – State Farm Insurance Agent
7089 N Marks Ave #105 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 432-6392 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David Frisby
1625 E Shaw Ave #148 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 224-2100 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Fresno should know the answers to these questions.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Find affordable auto insurance prices by comparing often
Some auto insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent agents. Low-cost Acura TL insurance in Fresno can be sourced online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
You just read a lot of techniques to compare Acura TL insurance car insurance rates in Fresno. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company.
When you buy Fresno car insurance online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in these articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Fresno Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for State Employees in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much is Fresno Car Insurance for a GMC Acadia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)