The best way we recommend to get more affordable Lincoln Continental insurance in Fresno is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in California.
- Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives ideas to find cheap rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Continental coverage is available. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you can, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Regrettably, about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Most drivers in California could save an average of roughly 35% each year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes for Lincoln Continental insurance in Fresno is to know the trick auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is give them rating details such as your job, if you went to college, how much coverage you want, and if the vehicle is leased. The rating information is sent automatically to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in California. To locate cheap auto insurance in Fresno, CA, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost Fresno auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Low Mileage – Driving less can earn better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up on their website.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay much less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Fresno Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will lower the cost of coverage.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, good student, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, and distant student.
- Esurance has discounts for online shopper, renters, emergency road assistance, Switch & Save, homeowner, good driver, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, good student, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, good driver, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, driver training, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and multi-policy.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for farm vehicle, safe driver, teenSMART discount, utility vehicle, premier discount, eSmart discount, and anti-theft.
If you want low cost Fresno auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Fresno. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Fresno, click this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower prices and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Fresno auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you would like to find local Fresno agents, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Fresno who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Lynn Hamilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
6716 N Cedar Ave #210 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 323-9800 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Geena Cha
2511 E Lamona Ave – Fresno, CA 93703 – (559) 494-0766 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ron Meadows
1750 E Bullard Ave Ste 101 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 432-0656 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Fresno willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Covered California Fresno
4005 N Blackstone Ave #101 – Fresno, CA 93726 – (559) 222-4140 – View Map
- Pillar Insurance Partners, LLC
1477 E Shaw Ave #140 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 436-6441 – View Map
- Leavitt Group
3245 W Figarden Dr – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 256-2500 – View Map
If you receive acceptable answers to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide insurance coverage.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Does my Lincoln Continental qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Lincoln Continental?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Choosing the best Lincoln Continental insurance in California is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Fresno, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, most banks will require that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $800 each year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance coverages explained
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Continental resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Continental in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hail damage, damage from flooding, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as loss of income, medical expenses and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care and doctor visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced Lincoln Continental insurance in Fresno can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Fresno agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
Much more information about auto insurance in California can be read at the links below
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much is Fresno Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)