Astonishing but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of insureds kept buying from the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers could save up to 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to do a rate comparison.
If you want to save money, the best way to find more affordable Mazda 5 insurance in Fresno is to compare quotes once a year from providers who provide auto insurance in California. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze all possible companies. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
To find low cost Fresno car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare quotes from all the different companies. The recommended way to find affordable Mazda 5 insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to all the different Fresno insurance agencies. Quoting Mazda 5 insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the extra assistance of a licensed agent. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online and get advice from an agent in your area. When comparing car insurance rates, know that quoting more will increase your chances of finding better pricing. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Fresno, CA. To get cheaper car insurance in California, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Fresno, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mazda 5, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mazda 5 and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your Mazda gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $825 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance analysis for a Mazda 5
The data table below outlines detailed analysis of coverage costs for Mazda 5 models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance premiums are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$302||$520||$386||$22||$116||$1,346||$112|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$346||$632||$386||$22||$116||$1,502||$125|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$346||$632||$386||$22||$116||$1,502||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Fresno location which can modify prices noticeably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Mazda 5 annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions raise Mazda 5 yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Discounts can help to save on Mazda 5 insurance in Fresno
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to look at vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current 5 insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Mazda 5 insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Esurance offers discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, DriveSense, and safety device.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, bundle, good student, defensive driver, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, emergency military deployment, driver training, federal employee, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state.
Neighborhood Fresno auto insurance agents
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing insurance online is you can get better rates and also buy local.
By using this quick form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Fresno who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Fresno?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Two different types of car insurance agents
When finding local Fresno agents, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Fresno are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
The following are Fresno exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
7020 N Marks Ave #107 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 353-3500 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are Fresno independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents. The cheapest Mazda 5 insurance in Fresno can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
We just showed you many ideas to reduce Mazda 5 insurance car insurance rates online in Fresno. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fresno Car Insurance Rates for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)