High-priced insurance in Fresno can sap your accounts and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Getting a rate comparison is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who shop for lower rates will probably switch companies because of the high probability of finding discount prices. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rates once a year saved an average of $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly Saturn VUE insurance is your intention, learning how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Saturn VUE insurance in Fresno
The most effective way to find affordable quotes for Saturn VUE insurance is to annually compare prices from companies in Fresno. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price like multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
With consumers having so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be impossible to locate the lowest price insurance company.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons yearly because rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest rate on Saturn VUE insurance in Fresno a year ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Choosing the best rates in Fresno can be much easier if you know how to start. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Smart buyers just have to use the least time-consuming way to compare price quotes online from multiple companies.
The majority of larger companies give prices on their websites. Doing online quotes for Saturn VUE insurance in Fresno doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter your coverage information into the form. After you complete the form, their rating system gets your driving and credit reports and quotes a price. Using the web to get quotes for Saturn VUE insurance in Fresno makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to get lower-cost rates.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will get comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in California. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in CA, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The table shown below showcases different coverage costs for Saturn VUE models. Understanding more about how premiums are established can assist in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Vue XE 2WD||$372||$648||$534||$32||$160||$1,746||$146|
|Vue XR 2WD||$372||$790||$534||$32||$160||$1,888||$157|
|Vue XR-L 2WD||$420||$790||$534||$32||$160||$1,936||$161|
|Vue XR AWD||$420||$790||$534||$32||$160||$1,936||$161|
|Vue XR-L AWD||$420||$930||$534||$32||$160||$2,076||$173|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease prices considerably.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions raise Saturn VUE insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The example below compares Saturn VUE annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive guideline that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Saturn VUE settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Consider raising deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Saturn from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and burglary. The deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Decrease rates by maintaining coverage – Driving with no insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Small coverages can add up – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your VUE policy. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
- Reduce prices by staying claim free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in California award the lowest premiums to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Women tend to take less risk – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes are in accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The diagram below compares Saturn VUE premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Compare rates if you combine your policies – Most insurers provide a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- What are good liability protection limits? – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Single vs. married – Your spouse may save some money on your policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Buying the right Saturn vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Even though Fresno VUE insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Saturn at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects not only your Saturn but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Saturn gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Ratings for California auto insurance companies
Buying coverage from the right company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in California. The ranking information in the next section may help you decide which insurers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+