Consumers not familiar with buying auto insurance online can find buying the cheapest Acura ILX insurance in Fresno is not as easy as it seems.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Acura ILX insurance in Fresno
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount Acura ILX insurance in Fresno is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in California.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives ideas to lower rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Find a Fresno insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. California drivers could save an average of up to 35% each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Most companies such as Allstate and Progressive provide prices for coverage on the web. Getting online quotes for Acura ILX insurance in Fresno is fairly straightforward because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Upon sending the form, the system pulls credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
Quoting online for Acura ILX insurance in Fresno helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the cheapest price.
To find out how much you can save on insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Fresno, CA. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your ILX, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Acura at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Acura ILX Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help calculate auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
Drivers with excellent credit save – Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Acura ILX by improving your rating. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
Premiums drop with age – More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Be proud to be claim-free – Car insurance companies in California provide better rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in your rates. Lower cost passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Higher coverage deductibles reduce costs – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Acura. Examples of covered claims could be a broken side mirror, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Acura ILX earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
Insurance loss probability for an Acura ILX – Insurers analyze past claim statistics to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the collected loss data for Acura ILX vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Fresno insurance rates with discounts
Some providers do not list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Fresno car insurance quote.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Fresno can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Acura may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, student away at school, accident-free, multiple policy, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance has savings for DriveSense, online quote, online shopper, Switch & Save, renters, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, and business or organization.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in every state. To see companies with the best discounts in Fresno, click here to view.
Car insurance quotes from local Fresno insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Fresno should have no problem answering these questions:
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Fresno for you
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to use the same agent partially due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Fresno exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Rufino Paguio – State Farm Insurance Agent
5637 W Figarden Dr #108 – Fresno, CA 93722 – (559) 277-1903 – View Map
- Mark Headrick State Farm®
1020 E Perrin Ave #101 – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 433-3733 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ron Meadows
1750 E Bullard Ave Ste 101 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 432-0656 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Most can insure with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent agents in Fresno who can help you get price quotes.
- James G. Parker Insurance Associates
1753 E Fir Ave – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 222-7722 – View Map
- California A1 Stars Insurance Solutions
1589 W Shaw Ave #13 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 412-2957 – View Map
- Dalena Benik and Associates Insurance
6740 N. West Street #108 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 578-3022 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheap rates
When searching for cheaper Fresno car insurance quotes, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Fresno is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We covered many tips how you can reduce Acura ILX insurance prices online in Fresno. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Fresno car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
Steps to buying affordable Acura ILX insurance in Fresno
The best way to get the cheapest Acura ILX insurance in Fresno is to regularly compare prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in California. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and your credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Fresno. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on every quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Much more information about auto insurance in California can be found at these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Fresno Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fresno Car Insurance Rates for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)