After getting a DUI, one of the big considerations that are looked at to determine the amount you pay for auto insurance is where you live in Fresno. Areas with more people or higher crime rates tend to have more expensive auto insurance rates, whereas more rural areas benefit from lower rates.
The table below sorts the priciest cities in California for drivers with a DUI to purchase car insurance in. Fresno is listed at #13 with an annual cost of $1,502 for the average insured, which is about $125 each month.
|Find Cheaper Insurance Go|
Table data uses comparative as the specific garaging location can change insurance rates noticeably.
The vehicle model requiring coverage is probably the most important factor that determines whether or not you find the most affordable coverage for drivers with a DUI. Vehicles with lots of horsepower, a lack of advanced safety features, or a high likelihood of having liability claims will cost quite a bit more to insure than more economical and safe models. The table below showcases auto insurance costs for the most affordable vehicles to buy coverage for.
|Insured Vehicle||Estimated Cost for Full Coverage|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$1,443|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,456|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,486|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 2WD||$1,558|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$1,568|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,587|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$1,613|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,628|
|Ford Edge Sport AWD||$1,643|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,650|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,672|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,679|
|Find Cheaper Rates Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, two speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Fresno, CA location which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
By looking at the data, makes and models like the Ford F-150, Ford Escape, and Honda CR-V are most likely going to be some of the less-costly vehicles to insure after getting a DUI. Rates will trend higher because there is more risk for drivers with a DUI, but generally speaking those particular vehicles will have the lowest prices compared to all other vehicles.
Discount Fresno insurance
Car insurance companies that provide coverage for drivers with a DUI may additionally offer special discounts that can reduce rates by as much as 30% if you meet certain criteria. Large car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple autos, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide includes discounts for defensive driving, accident-free, business or organization, easy pay, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, pay-in-full, good student, and education and occupation.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include theft prevention, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, student driver, driver training, and air bags.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, and bundle.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of car insurance rates with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no at-fault accidents and two violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles.
The first bar for each age group shows insurance cost with no discounts. The second shows the rates with paperless filing, anti-theft, paid-in-full, homeowner, passive restraint, and vehicle safety discounts applied. When discounts are applied, the average savings per year on car insurance for drivers with a DUI is 28% or $992.
Ratings for Fresno car insurance companies
Selecting a good quality insurer can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Fresno. The company information below may help you select which providers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
The rankings below are only made up of large insurance companies, so smaller regional companies are not included in these rankings. If you’d like to compare prices from these and other competitive companies, click this link.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
How to find the cheapest car insurance for drivers with a DUI
Below you’ll find a few money-saving ideas that can help California drivers locate more affordable car insurance.
- Buy your auto and home insurance from the same company and save
- Accidents can significantly increase rates
- Serious violations like DUI or reckless driving can increase rates dramatically
- Drive a car with a high safety rating
- Save money by only buying liability coverage for older vehicles
- If possible, do not file small claims
- Compare rates regularly to ensure the best deal
The last tip in the list is highly significant, as we hit on in this article. Coverage prices can be modified anytime, so don’t be hesitant to switch companies if you find a cheaper price.
We understand brand loyalty, but it isn’t a good idea if it’s costing you thousands of dollars over the life of your policy. It only take a few minutes to compare prices and find cheaper car insurance for drivers with a DUI in Fresno.
If you aren’t clear which coverage you need and would like to have some advice when comparing insurance rates for drivers with a DUI, the insurance agencies below can most likely help you make a decision which car insurance policy is best.
To locate a Fresno auto insurance agent using an interactive map, click the button at the bottom.
- Allstate Insurance: Roger Noguera
3032 W Bullard Ave – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 435-2246
- Farmers Insurance: Stephen Leonard
1390 N Wishon Ave – Fresno, CA 93728 – (559) 485-0413
- Wilson Wong – State Farm Insurance Agent
1341 W Bullard Ave #6 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 438-0470
- Allstate Insurance: Frank Salvio
745 E Locust Ave Ste 109 – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 449-1603