It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who rate shop once a year will most likely move their business because they have good chances of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study discovered that consumers who regularly compared rates saved as much as $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for Chevy Uplander insurance is why you’re reading this, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
The best way we recommend to save on car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Fresno.
Step 1: Get an understanding of individual coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover the details to prevent expensive rate increases and earn a bigger discount.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Uplander coverage is available in Fresno. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, take advantage of these tips to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Locating the best insurance company for you in Fresno can initially seem challenging. Drivers only need to know the best way to compare company rates using one simple form.
Cheapest Chevy Uplander insurance quotes in Fresno, CA
Getting more affordable Chevy Uplander car insurance pricing is pretty simple and can save money. Just take the time to compare rate quotes to discover which company has inexpensive Fresno auto insurance quotes.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to waste gas driving to different Fresno agent offices. Doing it all online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the peace of mind that only an agent can give. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in California. To find cheaper car insurance in California, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Uplander insurance, insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Uplander has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $700 annually so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Don’t neglect these ten discounts on Chevy Uplander insurance in Fresno
Some companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden ways to save on car insurance. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Resident Student – Older children who are attending college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting coverage on a new Uplander can save up to 30% because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive and Allstate will let one accident slide before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Fresno is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Uplander insurance in Fresno.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with several vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, multi-car, distant student, pay in full, teen driver, and mature driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, online quote, multi-policy, and claim free.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, good driver, defensive driving training, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Allstate offers discounts for auto/life discount, economy car, new car, multi-policy, resident student, teenSMART discount, and EZ pay plan discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To locate companies offering car insurance discounts in Fresno, click here.
Local agents and insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in Fresno.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy insurance from local Fresno agents, you should know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Fresno agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Fresno who can help you get free insurance quotes.
Bulldog Insurance Agency
7975 N Cedar Ave – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 447-5000 – View Map
516 W Shaw Ave – Fresno, CA 93704 – (559) 224-7164 – View Map
New Horizon Insurance Services
325 Clovis Ave #114 – Clovis, CA 93612 – (559) 322-2525 – View Map
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Fresno that are able to give price quotes.
Greg Caves – State Farm Insurance Agent
7740 N Fresno St #103 – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 435-7500 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Geena Cha
2511 E Lamona Ave – Fresno, CA 93703 – (559) 494-0766 – View Map
Danny Armenta – State Farm Insurance Agent
6105 E Kings Canyon Rd Ste 108 – Fresno, CA 93727 – (559) 453-1554 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just a low price. Any good agent in Fresno should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Chevy Uplander.
Since many California drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/5 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide adequate coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses for EMT expenses, funeral costs, hospital visits, ambulance fees and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Uplander from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Uplander to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive car insurance – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and falling objects. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
Some auto insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Chevy Uplander insurance in Fresno is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Active Military in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)