It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for Buick Regal insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Fresno.
- Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives tips to get better rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who perform rate comparisons are highly likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding discount prices. A recent survey discovered that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $865 a year compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving money on Buick Regal insurance in Fresno is your intention, understanding how to choose a company and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
If you currently have car insurance, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using these methods. Comparison shopping for the cheapest car insurance coverage in Fresno can be fairly easy. Although California drivers do need to learn how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Don’t neglect these discounts on Buick Regal insurance in Fresno
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fresno car insurance online.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will give a small break simply for signing digitally online.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Fresno car insurance quote.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting coverage on a new Regal can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
To view insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Fresno, click here.
First Step: Get free Buick Regal insurance quotes
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from many available insurance companies in California. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for Buick Regal insurance is to perform an online rate comparison.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies will improve the odds of getting the best price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Fresno Regal insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to compare rates from them as well.
The companies shown below provide quotes in California. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Fresno, CA, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
Physical damage deductibles – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Optional features can affect auto insurance rates – Driving a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop your car from being stolen.
Tickets cost more than a fine – Even one moving violation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers get better prices than bad drivers. People who have careless violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Some auto insurance companies afford a discount to customers that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to save even more than the discount by splitting coverages up.
How do annual miles impact premiums? – The more you drive your Buick every year the higher your rate. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage reflects how each vehicle is driven. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Regal can cost quite a bit.
Insurance losses for a Buick Regal – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that statistically have higher losses will be charged more to insure. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in Fresno.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Fresno that provide free Fresno car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are searching for a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a short list of independent agencies in Fresno who may be able to give you free price quotes.
- DLL Insurance Agency
5088 N Fruit Ave Suite 101 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 451-3411 – View Map
- New Horizon Insurance
3039 W Ashlan Ave – Fresno, CA 93726 – (559) 244-6644 – View Map
- James G. Parker Insurance Associates
1753 E Fir Ave – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 222-7722 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fresno who can help you get rate quotes.
- Mark Headrick State Farm®
1020 E Perrin Ave #101 – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 433-3733 – View Map
- Steve Bezzerides – State Farm Insurance Agent
4270 N Blackstone Ave #201 – Fresno, CA 93726 – (559) 222-5278 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
7161 N Millbrook Ave # 103 – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 447-9838 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Fresno, get answers to these questions.
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Fresno?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Protect your Buick vehicle and other assets
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Regal in Fresno, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick has a lienholder, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Buick Regal but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Regal are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Lower rates by being persistent
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Fresno can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Fresno agents, so get free Fresno car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Buick Regal insurance premium rates online in Fresno. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fresno Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Fresno Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fresno Car Insurance Rates for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fresno Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)