Want to learn the secrets to finding the cheapest Chevy Silverado insurance in Fresno? Searching for budget Fresno Chevy Silverado insurance quotes may seem to be problematic for consumers not familiar with comparing rates on the web. With so many agents and online companies available, how can consumers effectively compare every car insurance company to find the best available price?
How to save on Chevy Silverado insurance in Fresno
The best way we recommend to get cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance is to compare quotes once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Fresno.
First, try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price like traffic violations and a poor credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides tips to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. Don't forget to put the new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle's registration.
The most important part of this process is to try to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It's an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy are highly likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around every year saved about $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If saving money on insurance is why you're here, then having a grasp of the best way to compare coverages can save time and money.
It's a good habit to get comparison quotes every six months because car insurance rates change frequently. Just because you had the lowest rate on Chevy Silverado insurance in Fresno a year ago you will most likely find a better price today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I'm going to teach you the fastest and easiest way to find lower rates on car insurance.
If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques presented in this article. Finding the lowest-priced insurance coverage in Fresno can be fairly easy. But California drivers benefit from understanding the way companies compete online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Compare quotes for Fresno Chevy Silverado insurance
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates. Not every company provides online Fresno Silverado insurance quotes, so you should also compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Fresno, CA. To buy cheaper auto insurance in California, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Chevy Silverado insurance charts and tables
The price information shown below showcases estimates of coverage costs for Chevy Silverado models. Knowing how insurance quotes are formulated can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$188||$324||$480||$28||$144||$1,164||$97|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$188||$324||$424||$26||$126||$1,088||$91|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$216||$394||$480||$28||$144||$1,262||$105|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$216||$394||$480||$28||$144||$1,262||$105|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$216||$394||$424||$26||$126||$1,186||$99|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$216||$394||$424||$26||$126||$1,186||$99|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$216||$394||$480||$28||$144||$1,262||$105|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$216||$394||$480||$28||$144||$1,262||$105|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$244||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,284||$107|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$244||$464||$480||$28||$144||$1,360||$113|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$244||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,284||$107|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$244||$464||$480||$28||$144||$1,360||$113|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$244||$464||$480||$28||$144||$1,360||$113|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$244||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,284||$107|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$244||$464||$480||$28||$144||$1,360||$113|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$244||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,284||$107|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$244||$534||$424||$26||$126||$1,354||$113|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$272||$534||$424||$26||$126||$1,382||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact insurance rates noticeably.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Chevy Silverado insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Three reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Silverado in Fresno, buying insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Silverado has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Chevy Silverado Insurance Premium Factors
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that help determine your insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower rates. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Don't skimp on liability - The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Where you live is a factor - Living in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
Drivers with responsible credit save - Having a bad credit score is a large factor in calculating your insurance rates. People that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Silverado if you clean up your credit.
Good drivers pay the best premiums - Getting just one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have serious violations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below shows how violations and at-fault claims drive up Chevy Silverado yearly insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Chevy Silverado insurance claim data - Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine costs. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased losses will have higher rates. The data below shows the insurance loss data for Chevy Silverado vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD||76||118||85||78||69||125|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD||60||76||72||54|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD||89||103||131||77||70||94|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD||96||105||116||57||57||87|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD||90||126||100||88||85||117|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD||84||98||89||60||60||88|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD||60||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD||66||97||66|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD||76||127||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD||88||114||97||45||42||82|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD||80||54|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD||79||105||83||37||43||75|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD||98||127||108||54||39||76|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD||129||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Distant Student - College-age children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- New Car Discount - Putting coverage on a new Silverado can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Fresno Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Fresno may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include driver training, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, good student, accident-free
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good driver, multi-policy, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, multi-policy, air bags, five-year accident-free, and seat belt use.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple policy, anti-theft, passive restraint, and accident-free.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Exclusive or independent insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower premium rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Fresno.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Fresno that provide free Fresno auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
If you need to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Fresno agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it's recommended you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which can save you money.
The following are Fresno independent agencies who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- M D Manouel Insurance Inc
7447 N First St - Fresno, CA 93720 - (559) 446-0588 - View Map
- Central Auto Insurance
3668 W Shaw Ave - Fresno, CA 93711 - (559) 275-9911 - View Map
- New Horizon Insurance
3039 W Ashlan Ave - Fresno, CA 93726 - (559) 244-6644 - View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Fresno willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Frank Salvio
745 E Locust Ave Ste 109 - Fresno, CA 93720 - (559) 449-1603 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Stephen Leonard
1390 N Wishon Ave - Fresno, CA 93728 - (559) 485-0413 - View Map
- Karen Barry-Ennis - State Farm Insurance Agent
1205 E Olive Ave - Fresno, CA 93728 - (559) 268-7431 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Fresno auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with a high-quality insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Fresno. The company rank data below may help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA - A++
- Travelers - A++
- State Farm - A++
- GEICO - A++
- Esurance - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- Allstate - A+
- Mercury Insurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- Titan Insurance - A+
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Smart consumers save more
Cost effective Chevy Silverado insurance can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Fresno auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When getting Fresno auto insurance quotes online, it's very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned a lot of techniques to save on Chevy Silverado insurance in Fresno. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Steps to buying cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in Fresno
The best way to get discount Chevy Silverado insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who provide auto insurance in Fresno.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Silverado insurance. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. As soon as you can, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One tip to remember is to make sure you're comparing identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Fresno, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Felons in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)