If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Fresno.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and a poor credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to keep prices down and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. Once received, store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who compare rates annually are very likely to move their business because there are good odds of finding discount prices. A study showed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved approximately $70 a month compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Dodge Dakota insurance is why you’re here, then having some insight into the best ways to find and compare car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Just remember that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in California. In order to find cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Choosing the best Dodge vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Dakota, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Dodge but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Analysis of Dodge Dakota rates
The information displayed next highlights different insurance policy prices for Dodge Dakota models. Learning how insurance premiums are formulated is important to be able to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$258||$584||$530||$32||$158||$1,562||$130|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$258||$584||$530||$32||$158||$1,562||$130|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$296||$584||$530||$32||$158||$1,600||$133|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$296||$584||$530||$32||$158||$1,600||$133|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$296||$688||$530||$32||$158||$1,704||$142|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$296||$688||$530||$32||$158||$1,704||$142|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$334||$584||$424||$26||$126||$1,494||$125|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$334||$584||$424||$26||$126||$1,494||$125|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$334||$688||$530||$32||$158||$1,742||$145|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$334||$584||$424||$26||$126||$1,494||$125|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$334||$584||$424||$26||$126||$1,494||$125|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$334||$584||$424||$26||$126||$1,494||$125|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$334||$688||$424||$26||$126||$1,598||$133|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$334||$688||$424||$26||$126||$1,598||$133|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$334||$688||$424||$26||$126||$1,598||$133|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$372||$688||$424||$26||$126||$1,636||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in your specific Fresno location which can impact coverage prices substantially.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Dodge Dakota insurance costs for each different age group. Data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can affect Dodge Dakota car insurance rates for each different age category. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of age and gender on insurance rates
The example below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Dakota insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Fresno
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Dakota car insurance rates with and without full coverage. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set guideline of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Dakota book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Affordable Dodge Dakota insurance in Fresno
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all discounts very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fresno car insurance online.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain larger companies will provide an incentive for signing up digitally online.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow driving data collection to monitor where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will help lower the cost of coverage.
The illustration below compares Dodge Dakota insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
If you need cheaper Fresno car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Fresno. If you would like to view auto insurance companies who offer cheap Dodge Dakota insurance quotes in Fresno, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Fresno insurance agents?
Some people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Fresno who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Fresno should have no problem answering these questions:
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fresno?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Below are agents in Fresno who can help you get price quote information for Dodge Dakota insurance in Fresno.
- DLL Insurance Agency
5088 N Fruit Ave Suite 101 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 451-3411 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Patricia Pearson
5755 E Kings Canyon Rd Ste 106 – Fresno, CA 93727 – (559) 255-1861 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Jagdeep Singh
4185 W Figarden Dr #101 – Fresno, CA 93722 – (559) 527-5530 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Geena Cha
2511 E Lamona Ave – Fresno, CA 93703 – (559) 494-0766 – View Map
Auto insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Dakota caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Dakota to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like dental work, surgery and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Dodge Dakota.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Auto liability – Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like funeral expenses, bail bonds, medical services, emergency aid and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
In the end, you can save money
When you buy Fresno car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent or even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Budget-conscious Dodge Dakota insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Fresno, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fresno Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)