It’s amazing but nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in America could pocket roughly $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Pontiac Solstice insurance in Fresno is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in California.
- First, read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to get cheaper coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
We hope to tell you the most effective way to quote insurance. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you’re about to learn. Although California drivers can benefit from knowing how insurance companies sell online.
The majority of larger companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm provide price estimates online. The process is possible for anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information into a form. After you complete the form, their rating system gets your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information based on these factors. Using the web to get quotes for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Fresno makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to get the cheapest price possible.
To compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will have rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in California. To find cheaper car insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac Solstice insurance, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Solstice has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Pontiac gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable Fresno car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that may be available. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Fresno car insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive shop Fresno car insurance on the internet.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Fresno car insurance quote.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Good Student – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A partial list of companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in Fresno. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Fresno, click here to view.
What is the best auto insurance company in California?
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Fresno. The ranking information listed below could help you analyze which providers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%