The most effective way to save money on Dodge Avenger insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Fresno.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Avenger coverage is available in Fresno. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One piece of advice is to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Fresno could save themselves nearly 35% a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Dodge Avenger insurance in Fresno is to understand most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as level of coverage desired, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, if you’re married, and if you went to college. The rating information is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To get price quotes for your Dodge Avenger now, click here and enter the information requested.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in California. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Fresno, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper rates on Dodge Avenger insurance in Fresno with these discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few need to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because it shows financial diligence.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of larger companies give back up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current Avenger insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Fresno car insurance online.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below compares Dodge Avenger yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your area. To find providers who offer online Dodge Avenger insurance quotes in Fresno, click here.
Rates and detailed analysis
The rate table below covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Dodge Avenger models. Being able to understand how insurance premiums are calculated can help you make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Fresno garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Avenger car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There isn’t a written rule for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Avenger claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
You may require the services of an insurance agent
A small number of people still like to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting small agencies is important especially in Fresno.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Fresno that can provide free Fresno car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Fresno can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Fresno independent agents who may provide cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Fresno that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding a good insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is there a local claims center in Fresno?
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that will service your policy. But remember, consumers can cancel your policy whenever you wish so never assume that you are obligated to a specific agent for the entire policy term.
Five Tips to Get Cheaper Fresno Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into premiums.
Women tend to take less risk – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. They both are responsible for fender benders in similar numbers, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Avenger insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following data uses these variables: married male driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Dodge Avenger car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performances.
Cautious drivers pay less – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who get careless citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions increase Dodge Avenger insurance rates for each different age category. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Single drivers take more risk – Getting married may cut your premiums compared to being single. It translates into being more mature and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
With age comes lower costs – Teenage drivers in California are statistically proven to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Choosing Avenger insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Fresno, insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in California is wasting up to $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
In the end, you can save money
When searching for low cost Fresno car insurance quotes, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered many ways to get a better price on Dodge Avenger insurance in Fresno. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Fresno? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)