Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced car insurance can drain your budget, especially in this economy. Comparing price quotes is free and is an excellent way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers can cut their rates by as much as 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rates.
Steps to buying discount Chevy City Express insurance in Fresno
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Fresno.
First, try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides additional tips to help prevent expensive coverage and find hidden discounts.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Fresno. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly bombard you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Buy Chevy City Express Insurance for Less
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates. Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- Premiums impacted by your city – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Higher rates for high stress vocations – Occupational choices like fire fighters, social workers, and accountants are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, students and the unemployed pay the least.
What type of car do you drive? – The performance level of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates will normally be found when insuring lower cost passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chevrolet City Express rates compared to other models that have a range of risk factors.
- Always keep your car insurance in force – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage information shown below outlines a range of prices for Chevy City Express models. Having knowledge of how premiums are determined is important for making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$322||$554||$450||$26||$134||$1,486||$124|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$322||$672||$450||$26||$134||$1,604||$134|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$368||$672||$450||$26||$134||$1,650||$138|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$368||$672||$450||$26||$134||$1,650||$138|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$368||$672||$450||$26||$134||$1,650||$138|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$368||$672||$450||$26||$134||$1,650||$138|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$368||$672||$450||$26||$134||$1,650||$138|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$368||$672||$450||$26||$134||$1,650||$138|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$368||$672||$450||$26||$134||$1,650||$138|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$368||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,770||$148|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$368||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,770||$148|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$368||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,770||$148|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$368||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,770||$148|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$416||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,818||$152|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$416||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,818||$152|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$416||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,818||$152|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$416||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,818||$152|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$416||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,818||$152|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$416||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,818||$152|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$416||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,818||$152|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect coverage rates substantially.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy City Express premium costs with and without full coverage. The data is based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no clear-cut formula that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy City Express replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Chevy City Express insurance in Fresno
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all discounts very clearly, so the list below contains some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Fresno and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Fresno car insurance quote.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy City Express annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, federal employee, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for anti-lock brakes, paperless, multi-policy, air bags, student away at school, safe vehicle, and mature driver.
- American Family has savings for early bird, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, air bags, and good student.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, paid-in-full, DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and renters.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find affordable Fresno car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Fresno. To see a list of companies that offer discounts in Fresno, click here to view.
Best car insurance company in California
Picking the highest-rated insurance company is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Fresno. The information shown below can help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Be persistent and save
Affordable Chevy City Express insurance in Fresno is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Fresno, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to find low-cost Chevy City Express insurance in Fresno
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost Chevy City Express insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Fresno. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
First, it will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)