The preferred way to get affordable Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Fresno. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to get cheaper rates and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Fresno. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers can save nearly $470 each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they just switched companies.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Fresno is really quite easy. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using this information. Smart shoppers just have to learn the quickest method to shop instantly.
Low Cost auto insurance in Fresno, CA
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Fresno, CA. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Fresno, CA, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
The table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Ford Fusion Hybrid models. Knowing how insurance prices are figured is important for making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$420||$1072||$668||$40||$200||$2,400||$200|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates greatly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford Fusion Hybrid premium costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents can increase Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Gender-based insurance rates by age
The information below shows the difference between Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The prices are based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut rule for excluding comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Fusion Hybrid replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Informed Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Prices
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Don’t buy incidental coverages that may not be needed – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- Liability coverage is important – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Ford Fusion Hybrid is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
Age of drivers impacts premiums – Older people tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Drivers with excellent credit save on auto insurance – Your credit history will be a significant factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Fusion Hybrid by improving your rating.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following chart uses these variables: married male driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
- Prevent coverage lapses – Going without insurance is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
Insurance loss probability for a Ford Fusion Hybrid – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Ford Fusion Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford Fusion Hybrid Models Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Fresno car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your policy premium.
The example below shows the comparison of Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for type of vehicle, location of vehicle, good driver, multi-car, professional/association, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for alternative fuel, distant student, good student, multi-car, mature driver, and teen driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, paperless, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for exclusive group savings, newly retired, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, and teen driver discount.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, drive less, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and safe driver.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- USAA discounts include good student, new vehicle, multi-policy, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in Fresno. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click here.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Fresno insurance agencies?
Some people would rather buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Fresno car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Fresno?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Insurance agent types
If you want to use a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Fresno agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Fresno who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Progressive Insurance
7020 N Marks Ave #107 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 353-3500 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
7161 N Millbrook Ave # 103 – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 447-9838 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Israel Cortes
5446 N Palm Ave #105 – Fresno, CA 93704 – (559) 230-1300 – View Map
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fresno who can help you get comparison quotes.
- United Valley Insurance Services
3245 W Figarden Dr – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 256-2500 – View Map
- Van Beurden Insurance Services, Inc.
7676 N Palm Ave #106 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 436-6655 – View Map
- Pillar Insurance Partners, LLC
1477 E Shaw Ave #140 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 436-6441 – View Map
If you receive good feedback to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your car insurance policy.
Lower rates by being persistent
Lower-priced Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Fresno can be found online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
We just presented some good ideas how you can lower your Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance prices in Fresno. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Ford Fusion Hybrid rate quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More information can be read at the links below
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a School Permit in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Fresno Auto Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)