Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that almost 70% of insureds have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Fresno drivers can cut their rates by $470 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates and save money.
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in Fresno is to regularly compare quotes from different companies that sell auto insurance in California. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates like careless driving and a negative credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Fresno. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to reduce the price you pay and still have adequate protection. We hope to instruct you on the best methods to compare rates. Smart buyers just need to learn the quickest method to find the lowest price online.
Many insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide price estimates directly from their websites. Comparing Chrysler Pacifica insurance rates online can be done by anyone because you just enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. When complete, the quote system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on the data you entered.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Fresno makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the cheapest price possible.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you’re receiving a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Fresno, CA. To locate the cheapest car insurance in CA, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Determine discounts to get cheap Fresno insurance quotes
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Chrysler could earn slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Fresno can save you money since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
If you would like to view insurance companies with discount rates in Fresno, click this link.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chrysler Pacifica in Fresno, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Chrysler at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Chrysler gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in California is wasting up to $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- What are good deductibles for a Chrysler Pacifica?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
When to contact an agent
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is especially important in Fresno.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Fresno car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Two types of Fresno car insurance agents
If you would like to find a good Fresno insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents in Fresno are either independent or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which may provide better rates.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Fresno that can give you price quotes.
- New Horizon Insurance Services
325 Clovis Ave #114 – Clovis, CA 93612 – (559) 322-2525 – View Map
- Covered California Fresno
4005 N Blackstone Ave #101 – Fresno, CA 93726 – (559) 222-4140 – View Map
- United Valley Insurance Services
3245 W Figarden Dr – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 256-2500 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fresno that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Belen Sanchez-Ceja
2155 N Fresno St #A – Fresno, CA 93703 – (559) 252-2345 – View Map
- Bob Perry – State Farm Insurance Agent
3210 E Shields Ave #6 – Fresno, CA 93726 – (559) 224-4546 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Israel Cortes
5446 N Palm Ave #105 – Fresno, CA 93704 – (559) 230-1300 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How many years have they been established?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
If you get satisfactory answers for all questions you ask as well as cheaper Pacifica insurance quotes, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide insurance.
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, chiropractic care, ambulance fees and nursing services. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 15/30/5 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical expenses, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Chrysler Pacifica.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, theft and hitting a deer. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Pacifica resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Pacifica to get cheaper collision coverage.