Astonishing but true according to a recent study, over 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. The average driver in California could save up to 35% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Fresno.
- Read about car insurance and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article gives tips to get affordable coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Compass coverage is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at every insurance company. This ensures a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
To find affordable Jeep Compass insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many available auto insurance companies in California. The recommended way to find the cheapest Jeep Compass insurance rates is to get quotes online.
Comparing free quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to spend time driving to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to quote Jeep Compass insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the personal advice of a local agent. Drivers can find lower rates online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance just makes sense
Even though Fresno Compass insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Jeep, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Jeep for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $820 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Rate information and statistics
The rate table shown below showcases different insurance coverage prices for Jeep Compass models. Being able to understand how insurance rates are formulated helps drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$178||$292||$450||$26||$134||$1,080||$90|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$204||$354||$450||$26||$134||$1,168||$97|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$204||$354||$450||$26||$134||$1,168||$97|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$204||$354||$450||$26||$134||$1,168||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower prices considerably.
Cheap Jeep Compass insurance rates in Fresno
Some insurers do not list all their discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course in defensive driving may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Jeep Compass insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in California, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheaper auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to companies in Fresno who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fresno?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Fresno exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
Andy Bergstrom – State Farm Insurance Agent
470 E Herndon Ave #109 – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 435-8332 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to contact at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Fresno that are able to give price quotes.
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
More affordable insurance in Fresno can be sourced on the web and with local Fresno insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Jeep Compass insurance premium rates online in Fresno. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Jeep Compass rate quotes. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)