The preferred way to get discount Kia Borrego insurance in Fresno is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in California.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives additional ideas to prevent high rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Borrego coverage is available in Fresno. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. When you receive it, store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A valuable tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s hard to believe, but a large majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in America could pocket about 47% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Kia Borrego Insurance Premiums Can Be More Affordable
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but some are more obscure like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
Comp and collision deductibles are a factor – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
An active policy claims history can cost you – Insurance companies in California generally give the best rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that have low annual miles receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your Borrego can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven.
Gender is a factor – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Females and males cause fender benders at about the same rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
Use credit responsibly and save – Credit score factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit scores. If your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Borrego by repairing your credit.
Get better rates if married – Getting married can actually save you money when shopping for car insurance. Marriage may mean you are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Policy add-ons may be wasting money – There are a lot of add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
How to get free Kia Borrego insurance quotes online
The following companies provide price quotes in Fresno, CA. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Fresno, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Borrego, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper Kia Borrego insurance rates in Fresno
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before being credited.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Fresno can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Fresno auto insurance quote. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Fresno auto insurance quote.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Fresno auto insurance with certain companies.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
A list of insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, military active duty, air bags, seat belt use, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, new graduate, newly married, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, and new vehicle discount.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, good student, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area. To locate insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click this link.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Fresno.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Fresno who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Fresno agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to know the differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparison shopping, we recommend you include at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below are independent agents in Fresno that can possibly get you pricing information.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are exclusive agencies in Fresno that can give you price quotes.
Andy Bergstrom – State Farm Insurance Agent
470 E Herndon Ave #109 – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 435-8332 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent in Fresno should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is the agency active in community causes in Fresno?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
What is the best auto insurance company in Fresno?
Buying coverage from a good quality insurer can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Fresno. The company rank data listed below can help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
The best rates come from being thorough
Cheaper car insurance in Fresno can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Fresno, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
You just learned some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Kia Borrego insurance in Fresno. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- How Much is Fresno Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fresno Car Insurance for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fresno Car Insurance Rates for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fresno Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)