Finding cheaper insurance for a new or used Kia K900 in California could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to quote coverages on a Kia and locate the best price possible either online or from Fresno insurance agents.
A study showed that most California auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. U.S. consumers can cut their rates by 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
If you’re already insured or just want a better rate, use these techniques to save money while maintaining coverages. Comparison shopping for affordable protection in Fresno is not as hard as you think. Drivers only need an understanding of the fastest way to compare different rates online.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in California. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Fresno, CA, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get cheaper Kia K900 insurance rates in Fresno
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Fresno Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a driver safety class could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles may allow you to get lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your policy cost.
Some of the insurance companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply in Fresno. To find car insurance companies with the best Kia K900 insurance discounts in Fresno, click this link.
Getting quotes from local Fresno insurance agencies
A small number of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Fresno should have no problem answering these questions:
- How long have they been in business?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Fresno?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
If you are wanting to find a local agent, there are two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can write policy coverage, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Fresno who can help you get rate quotes.
- Kathryn Dosher – State Farm Insurance Agent
125 E Barstow Ave #113 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 221-6165 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
7161 N Millbrook Ave # 103 – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 447-9838 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Belen Sanchez-Ceja
2155 N Fresno St #A – Fresno, CA 93703 – (559) 252-2345 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing insurance rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Fresno that are able to give rate quotes.
- Pan American Insurance Agency
7673 N Ingram Ave # 103 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (800) 303-8272 – View Map
- Schramm Insurance
964 Pollasky Ave b – Clovis, CA 93612 – (559) 323-0333 – View Map
- Walter L. Clark and Associates, Inc.
7673 N Ingram Ave #103 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 222-0300 – View Map
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What if I total my Kia K900 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower rates.
The itemized list below are a few of the things companies use to determine your rate level.
Where you live – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
Safer vehicles are cheaper to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Do you have enough liability insurance? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Single drivers may get higher costs – Having a spouse can get you a discount on insurance. It usually means you are more mature and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Protect your Kia K900 and other assets
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Fresno, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
California car insurance companies ranked
Choosing the best auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies provide coverage in California. The information displayed below could help you pick which companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Persistence pays off
You just read some good ideas how you can save on Kia K900 insurance in Fresno. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When searching for the cheapest Kia K900 rate quotes, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to buy discount Kia K900 insurance in Fresno
Really, the only way to get affordable Kia K900 insurance in Fresno is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in California.
First, read about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. Don’t forget to place your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fresno Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fresno Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fresno Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)