Statistics show that most car insurance buyers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in Fresno can save as much as $470 each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates online.
If you want to save money, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Fresno is to regularly compare prices from different companies that insure vehicles in California.
- Read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides instructions to keep prices down and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Get cheaper Porsche Cayman insurance rates in Fresno
Some insurers don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Fresno can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a slight reduction on a Fresno auto insurance quote.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Porsche could earn cheaper prices.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- E-sign – Some auto insurance companies will give a small break for signing up on the web.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Porsche Cayman annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, accident-free, student away at school, driver’s education, good student, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide has discounts for family plan, multi-policy, accident-free, business or organization, good student, and defensive driving.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, air bags, driver training, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA discounts include good driver, multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- 21st Century includes discounts for early bird, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, good student, student driver, and driver training.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, good student, defensive driver, and bundle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Fresno. To choose insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in California, click here.
The best way to get rate comparisons for Porsche Cayman insurance in Fresno is to know the fact most insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including driver ages, how much coverage you want, if a SR-22 is required, and how much you drive. Those rating factors is sent automatically to many of the top insurers and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To find lower cheaper Porsche Cayman insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies can provide price quotes in California. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Fresno, CA, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Porsche Cayman insurance statistics and information
The information shown next covers a range of prices for Porsche Cayman models. Being more informed about how prices are established can be valuable when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayman 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$472||$424||$26||$126||$1,276||$106|
|Cayman S 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$526||$424||$26||$126||$1,330||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower premiums noticeably.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Porsche Cayman premium costs for each different age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
What Impacts Porsche Cayman Insurance Costs?
Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
Cheaper insurance rates using alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft.
How your age affects rates – Teenage drivers in California are known to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Older people are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Porsche Cayman is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Companies want multiple policies – Most insurance companies provide a discount to buyers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to compare other Fresno Cayman insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
Don’t cancel your insurance policy without a new one in place – Driving with no insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Liability limits should be high – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Porsche Cayman claim statistics – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the loss history for Porsche Cayman vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Porsche Cayman 2dr||183||40||99||36|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Porsche Cayman to commute?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agencies can find coverage gaps
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
The different types of car insurance agents
When looking for an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Fresno can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can sell auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fresno willing to provide comparison quotes.
Wilson Wong – State Farm Insurance Agent
1341 W Bullard Ave #6 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 438-0470 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Listed below are independent agents in Fresno who can help you get price quote information.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Porsche Cayman insurance, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Porsche at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
What is the best car insurance company in Fresno?
Choosing a highly-rated car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Fresno. The ranking information displayed below may help you select which auto insurance companies to look at buying from.
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Smart consumers save more
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Porsche Cayman insurance in Fresno. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Porsche Cayman insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper car insurance in Fresno can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Fresno auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Felons in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)