If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from companies in Fresno.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and bad credit can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for instructions to help find cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Fresno consumers can cut their rates by nearly 35% a year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that more quotes increases your odds of finding better pricing. Not every company does online Fresno Envoy XUV insurance quotes, so you need to compare rates from them as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Fresno, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
When to contact an insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Fresno that can give you free Fresno car insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Fresno?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Fresno?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Fresno for you
When researching a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Fresno willing to provide price quote information.
- Bob Perry – State Farm Insurance Agent
3210 E Shields Ave #6 – Fresno, CA 93726 – (559) 224-4546 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David Frisby
1625 E Shaw Ave #148 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 224-2100 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Jagdeep Singh
4185 W Figarden Dr #101 – Fresno, CA 93722 – (559) 527-5530 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, you need to get several quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
The following are Fresno independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Leavitt Group
3245 W Figarden Dr – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 256-2500 – View Map
- New Horizon Insurance Services- Fresno
7543 N Ingram Ave #105 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 244-6644 – View Map
- Avakian Insurance Services, Inc.
1274 W Hedges Ave – Fresno, CA 93728 – (559) 268-7386 – View Map