Are you tired of overpaying and want cheaper Audi A6 insurance in Fresno? Having to pay for pricey car insurance in Fresno can deplete your budget and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Comparing price quotes can be a smart way to lower your bills every month.
A recent car insurance study discovered that a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,390, Fresno drivers could save as much as 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they changed companies. Due to the large number of options for buying cheaper insurance for an Audi A6 in Fresno, it can be hard to find the most cost effective car insurance provider.
Low Cost companies for Audi A6 insurance in California
The companies shown below provide price quotes in California. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in California, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The table below covers different insurance costs for Audi A6 models. Being able to understand how auto insurance policy rates are figured is important to be able to make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A6 3.2 Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$512||$1032||$450||$26||$134||$2,154||$180|
|A6 3.2 Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$512||$1032||$450||$26||$134||$2,154||$180|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$512||$1032||$450||$26||$134||$2,154||$180|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$512||$1032||$450||$26||$134||$2,154||$180|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Station Wagon||$512||$1032||$384||$22||$114||$2,064||$172|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus Station Wagon||$512||$1032||$384||$22||$114||$2,064||$172|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$512||$1032||$450||$26||$134||$2,154||$180|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige Station Wagon||$512||$1032||$384||$22||$114||$2,064||$172|
|A6 4.2 Quattro Prestige 8Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$558||$1152||$450||$26||$134||$2,320||$193|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific location information which can modify coverage rates significantly.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Audi A6 annual premium costs for each different age group. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Fresno
The example below illustrates the difference between Audi A6 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below shows the comparison of Audi A6 car insurance rates with and without full coverage. The data is based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no exact rule to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Audi A6 book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $300 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Fresno car insurance discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Fresno car insurance depending on your company.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to your current A6 insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select car insurance companies reward you with a lower car insurance rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Audi A6 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, defensive driving training, passive restraint, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, military active duty, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly married, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, good student, multi-policy, and safety features.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, and good student.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
If you need low cost Fresno car insurance quotes, ask every company how you can save money. A few discounts may not be available in your state. To choose insurance companies with the best discounts in Fresno, click here.
Auto insurance quotes from local Fresno insurance agents
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Fresno insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that you can select. Agents in Fresno are considered either exclusive or independent. Both do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fresno that can give you comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Geena Cha
2511 E Lamona Ave – Fresno, CA 93703 – (559) 494-0766 – View Map
Steph Flores Peters – State Farm Insurance Agent
371 E Bullard Ave #104 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 274-0600 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Gary Gonzales
191 W Shaw Ave Ste 109 – Fresno, CA 93704 – (559) 243-2020 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Fresno willing to provide comparison quotes.
California A1 Stars Insurance Solutions
1589 W Shaw Ave #13 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 412-2957 – View Map
New Horizon Insurance Services
325 Clovis Ave #114 – Clovis, CA 93612 – (559) 322-2525 – View Map
New Horizon Insurance
3039 W Ashlan Ave – Fresno, CA 93726 – (559) 244-6644 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in Fresno?
Insuring your vehicle with the best company is difficult considering how many companies there are in Fresno. The company ratings below can help you select which auto insurance companies to look at shopping prices with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/5 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like emergency aid, loss of income and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills such as hospital visits, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits and dental work. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from flooding, hitting a bird, fire damage, theft and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (California limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This coverage covers damage to your A6 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible on your A6 to save money on collision insurance.
A conclusion for your insurance search
We just covered a lot of ways to reduce Audi A6 insurance premium rates online in Fresno. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Fresno car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
More affordable insurance in Fresno can be purchased online and from local agencies, so get free Fresno car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to saving money on Audi A6 insurance in Fresno
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest Audi A6 insurance in Fresno is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in California. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Fresno. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Other learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much are Fresno Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)