If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Fresno is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in California. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more information to get cheaper coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Astonishing but true, most insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Fresno drivers could save an average of as much as 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
When comparison shopping, quoting more increases your odds of finding the best offered rates.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Fresno, CA. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Fresno, CA, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Some companies don’t always list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fresno auto insurance online.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Fiat could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers are able to get reduced rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their company to study their driving habits by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Claim Free – Fresno drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, federal employee, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, military active duty, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for anti-theft, accident-free, professional/association, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, homeowner, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, and teen driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, anti-theft, paid in full, group or association, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid vehicle, multi-car, teen driver discount, new move discount, newly retired, new vehicle discount, and good student.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-theft, homeowner, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA offers discounts for safe driver, new vehicle, vehicle storage, military installation, multi-vehicle, and loyalty savings.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Fresno. To choose insurance companies with the best Fiat 124 Spider insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Fiat in Fresno, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your 124 Spider, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Fiat at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Fiat and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Fresno auto insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. There is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. A good agent in Fresno will have answers to these questions.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
If you would like to find a local agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents in Fresno are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fresno who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always include several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Fresno that can give you comparison quotes.
Once you have good feedback to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that can adequately provide car insurance. Just keep in mind you have the power to terminate coverage whenever you wish so don’t feel you are locked into any specific agency for the entire policy term.