It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who compare price quotes are inclined to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who shopped around annually saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price on Toyota Prius Prime insurance is your target objective, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
The easiest way to save money on Toyota Prius Prime insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Fresno. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Fresno. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
An important note is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you currently have insurance, you should be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Locating the best rates in Fresno is not rocket science. Although California consumers must comprehend the way insurance companies determine prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
Companies offering Toyota Prius Prime insurance in California
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in California. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Fresno, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some providers don’t list all discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Prius Prime can be considerably cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- College Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, 55 and retired, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, early bird, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, passive restraint, good driver, good student, accident-free, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not be offered in Fresno. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in California, click here to view.
Components of Your Toyota Prius Prime Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that help determine car insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in better car insurance rates.
Women pay lower prices – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men have auto accidents at about the same rate, but males cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Married people drive safer – Getting married actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other translates into being more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
How much liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection when you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
How many miles do you drive? – Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Prius Prime is just wasting money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Low deductibles cost more – Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Toyota. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as lawyers, social workers, and miners generally pay higher average rates in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, careers such as actors, athletes and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Combine policies to earn discounts – Some car insurance companies give discounts to buyers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount by buying car insurance from a different company.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- If my Toyota Prius Prime is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is important particularly in Fresno.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Fresno car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Types of auto insurance agents in Fresno
If you want a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to include a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Fresno that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fresno that are able to give comparison quotes.
Karen Barry-Ennis – State Farm Insurance Agent
1205 E Olive Ave – Fresno, CA 93728 – (559) 268-7431 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- How many years have they been established?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Smart consumers save more
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Fresno is possible both online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests or delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
More learning opportunities
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)