If you want to save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on Chevy Cruze insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Fresno. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of coverages and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as speeding and a poor credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives more ideas to help reduce prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Once received, place the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A valuable tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who compare other rates will most likely buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who shopped around saved an average of $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best rates on Chevy Cruze insurance is your intention, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient.
If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, use these tips to find the best rates without having to cut coverage. The purpose of this article is to instruct you on the best ways to compare prices and also pocket some savings Drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to shop from many companies at once.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is provide details like level of coverage desired, your education level, if it has an anti-theft system, and distance driven. Your rating data is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in California. If you want cheaper auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Cruze in Fresno, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays as much as $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
The Chevy Cruze Insurance Premium Equation
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
- Teen drivers pay more – Young drivers in California are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a young driver onto your car insurance can break the bank. Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
- Gender matters – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
- Infrequent drivers can save – Driving more miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Cruze is throwing money out the window.
- Save by driving safer cars – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If your Chevy earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Cruze – Insurance companies study historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the loss history for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower Chevy Cruze insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a safe driver course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
Remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, early bird, Steer into Savings, air bags, and accident-free.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, air bags, membership and employees, good student, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including student driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, and early bird.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
If you need cheaper Fresno auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your area. To view companies who offer cheap Chevy Cruze insurance quotes in California, follow this link.
Are insurance agencies obsolete?
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Fresno who can give free rate quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Fresno for you
If you are searching for a good Fresno insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Fresno may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Fresno that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Belen Sanchez-Ceja
2155 N Fresno St #A – Fresno, CA 93703 – (559) 252-2345 – View Map
- Tim Franz – State Farm Insurance Agent
5534 E Kings Canyon Rd – Fresno, CA 93727 – (559) 251-3777 – View Map
- Janean Wolfe – State Farm Insurance Agent
7089 N Marks Ave #105 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 432-6392 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, you should always get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent agents in Fresno that are able to give rate quotes.
- Pan American Insurance Agency
7673 N Ingram Ave # 103 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (800) 303-8272 – View Map
- Pillar Insurance Partners, LLC
1477 E Shaw Ave #140 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 436-6441 – View Map
- Mc Carty Insurance Inc: Mc Carty Chad R
1625 Shaw Ave # 111 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 324-1421 – View Map
Shop around and save
We covered some good ideas how you can compare Chevy Cruze insurance premium rates in Fresno. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
Some auto insurance companies may not have online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Fresno is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Fresno, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver or not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company can be pretty painless.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Students in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)