No car owner fancies paying their premiums for car insurance, particularly when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
It’s shocking but a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Consumers in California can cut their rates by as much as 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rates. Many insurance companies compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and get the best coverage at the cheapest price on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Fresno.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons at least once a year because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Fresno a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Don’t believe everything you read about Silverado 3500HD insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some proven techniques to lower your car insurance rates in Fresno.
If you have coverage now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Fresno is not rocket science. Comparison shoppers just have to learn the tricks to quote multiple rates online.
Informed Drivers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
What type of vehicle do you drive? – The type of car you drive makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following chart is based on a single male driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in California award lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of insurers allow lower prices for people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
- Your car’s features help determine insurance rates – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder vehicle theft.
- Your credit history is important – Having a bad credit history can be an important factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD by spending a little time repairing your credit. People that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know most of the larger companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details such as what your job is, if a SR-22 is required, if the car is leased, and which vehicles you own. Those rating factors is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and you will get price comparisons quickly.
To compare multiple company affordable Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in California, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Analysis of Chevy Silverado 3500HD rates
The rate table displayed below covers estimates of coverage prices for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Being able to understand how insurance prices are figured can aid in making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$412||$960||$624||$36||$186||$2,218||$185|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$412||$960||$624||$36||$186||$2,218||$185|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$412||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,926||$161|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$454||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,968||$164|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$454||$960||$500||$30||$150||$2,094||$175|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$454||$960||$500||$30||$150||$2,094||$175|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease premiums substantially.
Impact of age and gender on car insurance rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance prices when comparing full coverage to liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no specific rule to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Silverado 3500HD book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Protect your Silverado 3500HD and other assets
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Silverado 3500HD in Fresno, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Silverado 3500HD, more than likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Chevy and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to save money.
Score discounts on Fresno auto insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked about before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to look at driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Fresno Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD insurance in Fresno.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Early Signing – A few companies allow discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Fresno car insurance quotes online.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the premium cost.
The illustration below shows the difference between Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
To locate providers who offer free Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance quotes in California, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free Fresno car insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to drive around because prices are sent immediately to you. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is there a local claims center in Fresno?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
If you need to find local Fresno agents, there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Fresno can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. They are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Fresno who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to get quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are Fresno independent agents willing to provide price quotes.
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your car insurance policy.
Compare rates regularly to save
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Fresno can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Fresno
The recommended way to get cheaper Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Fresno is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in California. This can be done by following these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates like careless driving and a low credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. When you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Used Cars in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fresno Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)