Regrettably, the vast majority of insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Fresno can cut their rates by about $469 a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Really, the only way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers in Fresno. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Fresno. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to analyze every company you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Just remember that having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find the best offered rates.
The following companies can provide quotes in California. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Even though Fresno SS insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your SS, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Chevy and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your SS more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in California is overpaying over $830 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
How do Insurers Determine Chevy SS Insurance Premiums?
Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
Shown below are some of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Does auto insurance cost less for women? – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean females are better drivers. Men and women are in accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Excellent credit means lower costs – A driver’s credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. People with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit score can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet SS by improving your credit score.
Stay claim-free and reduce prices – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Car insurance companies in California give the lowest premiums to people who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Liability is important – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if you are responsible for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Save money by eliminating extra coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages you can purchase on your insurance policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
Insurance loss statistics a Chevy SS – Insurers use data from past claims as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that historically have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Chevy SS vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Score discounts on Fresno auto insurance
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some need to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a slight reduction on a Fresno auto insurance quote.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Fresno auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Fresno and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fresno auto insurance quote when compared with frequent claim filers.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help lower your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with these benefits include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be available in Fresno. For a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, follow this link.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance agents can help
A small number of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local.
By using this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Fresno that can give you free Fresno auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Fresno?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Fresno for you
If you want to use an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents in Fresno are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fresno that can give you price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
The following are Fresno independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Which car insurance company is best in California?
Selecting a high-quality insurer can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The company ratings below can help you pick which providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
How much can you save?
Some companies may not have rates over the internet and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. Cost effective Chevy SS insurance is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)