A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,387, California drivers can cut their rates by roughly $469 a year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies that insure vehicles in Fresno. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates such as inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives the details to help reduce premium rates and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Fresno. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at every insurance company. This guarantees a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have a current insurance policy, you should be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Fresno is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. But California drivers need to learn how insurance companies sell insurance online because it varies considerably.
Kia Soul EV Insurance Costs Can Be Lower
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower rates. Many factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Listed below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower car insurance rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Being married can lower rates – Your spouse actually saves money on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- With age comes lower costs – Youthful drivers in California have been known to be more careless when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most car insurance companies apply lower prices to customers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Accidents can increase prices – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Getting just one driving citation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received severe violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Drivers with high credit save on car insurance – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Soul EV by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your Soul EV can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy states the correct usage for each vehicle.
When shopping for Kia Soul EV insurance in Fresno there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from many car insurance companies in California. The easiest way to compare Kia Soul EV insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Comparison shopping rate quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to all the different Fresno insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the peace of mind of a local Fresno agent. You can, however, comparison shop online but still have the advice of a local agent. Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes will enable you to find lower pricing.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in California. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Fresno, CA, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your Kia and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Soul EV are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable rates on Kia Soul EV insurance in Fresno with these insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies give discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims before the accident.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To locate insurance companies with discount insurance rates in California, click this link.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Many people just want to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Fresno.
After completing this simple form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Fresno who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Shown below are Fresno auto insurance companies that may be willing to give price quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance in Fresno.
California A1 Stars Insurance Solutions
1589 W Shaw Ave #13 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 412-2957 – View Map
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What companies can they write with?
- What company do they have the most business with?
One last thing to lower rates
The cheapest Kia Soul EV insurance in Fresno is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Fresno auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
When getting Fresno auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Kia Soul EV insurance in Fresno. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
More detailed insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much is Fresno Car Insurance for a GMC Acadia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)