Trying to find low-cost car insurance rates in Fresno, CA? Fresno consumers have options when looking for the lowest priced Mazda 6 insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the best way to quote coverages on a Mazda and get the cheapest rates from Fresno insurance agents and online providers.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of car insurance customers in California have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Consumers in the U.S. could save nearly $850 each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switched.
Getting a cheaper price on Mazda 6 insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. You just have to take the time to compare rates online with multiple companies.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Fresno, CA. To find cheap auto insurance in CA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage information displayed below covers a range of coverage costs for Mazda 6 models. Learning more about how insurance quotes are formulated can benefit drivers when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,490||$124|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,490||$124|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,490||$124|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,520||$127|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,520||$127|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,598||$133|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,598||$133|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,598||$133|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,598||$133|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,598||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in Fresno location which can affect coverage prices substantially.
Mazda 6 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Mazda 6 yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive guideline for eliminating full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Mazda 6 settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $400 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Car insurance is not optional in California
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Fresno, buying car insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Mazda 6 has a loan, most banks will require you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Mazda for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Mazda but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so shop around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Mazda 6 Insurance Premium Factors
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Prevent theft and save money – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent auto theft.
High performance equals high prices – The performance level of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Lower cost passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The chart below uses these variables: married male driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Mazda 6 rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
- Bad credit will cost you – Your credit score factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. So if your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your Mazda 6 if you improve your credit rating. People that have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
- Vocation stress can affect premiums – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as real estate brokers, airline pilots, and accountants are shown to have higher premium rates in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs such as scientists, athletes and performers have lower than average premiums.
Your age impacts your costs – Older drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers tend to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance losses for a Mazda 6 – Companies use data from past claims when they calculate premium prices for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Mazda 6 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Mazda 6 Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 6 99 92 112 94 98 94BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Mazda 6 insurance in Fresno
Some insurance providers don’t always list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Fresno auto insurance online.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could qualify for substantially lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your overall premium however.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Mazda 6 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, military active duty, multi-policy, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, multi-policy, military installation, loyalty savings, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family has discounts for air bags, accident-free, good student, early bird, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance may include discounts for good driver, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for bundle discounts, teen driver, homeowner, distant student, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, driver’s education, safe vehicle, student away at school, and good student.
When getting free Fresno auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in your area. To find insurers with discount rates in Fresno, click here to view.
Car insurance agents near you
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is still important in Fresno.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Fresno who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is there a local claims center in Fresno?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
After you get acceptable answers to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurer that is professional and can properly service your insurance policy.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Budget-friendly insurance in Fresno can be found from both online companies in addition to many Fresno insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
You just read a lot of ways to save on Mazda 6 insurance in Fresno. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with an unexpected company.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium and poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
How to find more affordable Mazda 6 insurance in Fresno
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Mazda 6 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in Fresno.
- First, read about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and a bad credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Immediately safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One piece of advice is to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
More tips and info about insurance is located in these articles:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)