Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Most drivers in the United States could save an average of nearly 47% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to compare rates and save money.
Really, the only way to get budget Volkswagen Jetta insurance is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Fresno. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Read about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. Find a Fresno insurance agent
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you’re already insured, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. These techniques will let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. But California vehicle owners must comprehend how companies determine how much to charge and use it to find better rates.
All major auto insurance companies provide prices for coverage online. The process is easy for anyone as you just enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. Once entered, the system sends out for your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Fresno streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to perform this step if you are searching for the most affordable premium.
To use this form to compare rates, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the coverage information identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Fresno, CA. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in Fresno, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Fresno
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts compared to frequent claim filers.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Online Discount – Some companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Jetta insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts should definitely cut the cost of your policy.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer policyholders these discounts possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply in every state.
Volkswagen Jetta coverage analysis
The rate table displayed next covers a range of coverage prices for Volkswagen Jetta models. Having a good understanding how auto insurance policy rates are established can help drivers make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$650||$574||$34||$172||$1,758||$147|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$328||$650||$488||$28||$146||$1,640||$137|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$650||$574||$34||$172||$1,758||$147|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,916||$160|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$370||$766||$488||$28||$146||$1,798||$150|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,916||$160|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,916||$160|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$370||$766||$488||$28||$146||$1,798||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase premiums substantially.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates for each different age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The chart below compares Volkswagen Jetta insurance premiums with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no set rule for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Jetta claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Local Fresno insurance agents and insurance
Many people would rather talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is important particularly in Fresno.
Once you complete this short form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Fresno that provide free Fresno auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a good Fresno insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Fresno are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance rates, you need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Fresno that can give you rate quotes.
- M D Manouel Insurance Inc
7447 N First St – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 446-0588 – View Map
- Avakian Insurance Services, Inc.
1274 W Hedges Ave – Fresno, CA 93728 – (559) 268-7386 – View Map
- Bulldog Insurance Agency
7975 N Cedar Ave – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 447-5000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Fresno that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Patricia Pearson
5755 E Kings Canyon Rd Ste 106 – Fresno, CA 93727 – (559) 255-1861 – View Map
- Kurt Sieve – State Farm Insurance Agent
1177 N Willow Ave Suite 102 – Clovis, CA 93611 – (559) 900-7908 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Stephen Leonard
1390 N Wishon Ave – Fresno, CA 93728 – (559) 485-0413 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Fresno?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
If you feel you receive positive feedback to your questions and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to adequately provide insurance.
How You Can Control Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower rates.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The type of car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates will generally be found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The chart below uses these assumptions: married male driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Volkswagen Jetta car insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance risks.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a significant other helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a significant other translates into being more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Poor credit history equals high costs – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volkswagen Jetta by repairing your credit.
- Certain employers raise rates – Occupational choices like military generals, executives, and medical professionals have higher premium rates due to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs like farmers, students and retirees pay the least.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Filing policy claims can cost more – If you file claims often, you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in California award cheaper rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Volkswagen Jetta insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates.
The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen Jetta Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Jetta 110 118 93 113 123 127 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 128 121 114 104BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen Jetta in Fresno, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volkswagen Jetta with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Fresno overpays as much as $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to save money.
How to find a good Fresno car insurance company
Finding the highest-rated car insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Fresno. The company information listed below could help you choose which auto insurers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Keep this in mind when shopping around
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to find cheaper Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Fresno. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal, high prices and questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for State Employees in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Felons in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)