Having to pay for pricey insurance in Fresno can deplete your funds and force you to prioritize other expenses.
A study showed that nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Fresno could save an average of as much as 35% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop their coverage around.
Steps to saving on Nissan Rogue insurance in Fresno
Really, the only way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Fresno is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in California.
- First, try to comprehend how car insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Rogue insurance. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the absolute best rates possible on Nissan Rogue insurance in Fresno.
It is always a good idea to compare prices before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best premium rates on Nissan Rogue insurance in Fresno two years ago you will most likely find a better price today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the proper way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the techniques presented in this article. Locating the best rates in Fresno is quite easy. But California drivers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies price online insurance because it varies considerably.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance More Affordably
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Performance makes a difference – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. The best insurance prices tend to be for low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The data below assumes a single male driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Nissan Rogue insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performance risks.
Teenagers vs. experienced drivers – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers are proven to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Your credit history is important – A driver’s credit score factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit could use some work, you may save money insuring your Nissan Rogue by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Rates may be lower depending on your vocation – Jobs such as judges, architects, and financial analysts generally pay higher premium rates because of job stress and long work hours. On the flip side, careers like actors, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Urban areas may pay more – Living in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. The longer drive time statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Some insurers will give lower prices for people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to compare Nissan Rogue rates in Fresno to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still save even more by splitting coverages up.
No auto insurance policy gaps is important – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insurance loss statistics a Nissan Rogue – Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table shows the collected loss data for Nissan Rogue vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Rogue 4dr 2WD||94||91||77||116||108||93|
|Nissan Rogue 4dr 4WD||94||92||79||117||106||87|
|Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 2WD||100||119||69||165||169||115|
|Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 4WD||107||136||69||154||159||132|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Nissan Rogue insurance in Fresno is to realize all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give free rates quotes. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information like how many miles driven, your credit rating estimate, how much education you have, and whether you are single or married. Your details is instantly submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they respond with quotes immediately.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Fresno.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in California. To buy cheap car insurance in Fresno, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
The table shown below highlights a range of coverage costs for Nissan Rogue models. Having a good grasp of how prices are calculated can assist in making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$326||$708||$564||$34||$168||$1,800||$150|
|Rogue S AWD||$326||$708||$564||$34||$168||$1,800||$150|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$326||$708||$564||$34||$168||$1,800||$150|
|Rogue SL AWD||$326||$834||$564||$34||$168||$1,926||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can change prices considerably.
Physical damage deductible comparison
When comparing insurance rates, the most common question is the level to set your comp and collision deductibles. The rates shown below summarize the costs and benefits when you choose different coverage deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $100 physical damage deductible and the second price grid uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$380||$686||$500||$30||$150||$1,771||$148|
|Rogue S AWD||$380||$686||$500||$30||$150||$1,771||$148|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$380||$686||$500||$30||$150||$1,771||$148|
|Rogue SL AWD||$380||$810||$500||$30||$150||$1,895||$158|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$210||$362||$500||$30||$150||$1,252||$104|
|Rogue S AWD||$210||$362||$500||$30||$150||$1,252||$104|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$210||$362||$500||$30||$150||$1,252||$104|
|Rogue SL AWD||$210||$426||$500||$30||$150||$1,316||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter prices significantly.
We can derive from the above data that using a $100 deductible will cost you approximately $45 more each month or $540 every year than buying the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would have to pay $900 more out-of-pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally go at a minimum 20 months between claim filings, you would most likely save money if you elect the higher deductible.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Nissan Rogue insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Nissan Rogue insurance rates: Men versus women
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan Rogue car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below shows the comparison of Nissan Rogue auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no set rule that is best for determining when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Rogue settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Rogue in Fresno, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Rogue, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Rogue greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in California overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Discounts can help save money on Nissan Rogue insurance in Fresno
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount when getting a Fresno car insurance quote.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Nissan Rogue insurance prices with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, online quote, anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, and renters.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, driver training, bundle, good student, and anti-theft.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, good student, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, anti-theft, membership and employees, and driver training.
- State Farm has discounts for driver’s education, multiple policy, good student, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and passive restraint.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply everywhere.
Are insurance agencies obsolete?
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower prices and still buy from a local agent. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Fresno.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Fresno who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
When finding a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Fresno can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Fresno that can possibly get you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Avakian Insurance Services, Inc.
1274 W Hedges Ave – Fresno, CA 93728 – (559) 268-7386 – View Map
Van Beurden Insurance Services, Inc.
7676 N Palm Ave #106 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 436-6655 – View Map
516 W Shaw Ave – Fresno, CA 93704 – (559) 224-7164 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Fresno exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
Dick Wallace – State Farm Insurance Agent
4344 E Ashlan Ave – Fresno, CA 93726 – (559) 222-6501 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Ron Meadows
1750 E Bullard Ave Ste 101 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 432-0656 – View Map
Karen Barry-Ennis – State Farm Insurance Agent
1205 E Olive Ave – Fresno, CA 93728 – (559) 268-7431 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Fresno?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Where are claims handled?
Once you have good feedback for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind consumers can cancel coverage any time you want so never feel you’re contractually obligated to your new company for any length of time.
Fresno auto insurance companies ranked
Choosing a high-quality car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Fresno. The rank data shown next may help you choose which companies you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We’ve covered a lot of information how to save on Nissan Rogue insurance in Fresno. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Fresno car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More affordable insurance in Fresno can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Fresno agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide online quoting and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to buying affordable Nissan Rogue insurance in Fresno
The recommended way to get low-cost Nissan Rogue insurance in Fresno is to regularly compare price quotes from companies that insure vehicles in California.
- Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and a bad credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Rogue coverage is available in Fresno. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
An essential thing to point out is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for State Employees in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)