The best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Fresno is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in California. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like your driving record and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop rates annually will most likely buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding better rates. A study showed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Fresno is your target objective, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can save money and time.
If you are already insured or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to buy cheaper car insurance while maintaining coverages. This article will introduce you to how to compare rates easily and some tips to save money. Drivers just need to use the fastest way to buy car insurance instantly.
Cheap Fresno Jeep Commander insurance quotes online
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in California. To buy cheap auto insurance in Fresno, CA, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Rates and statistics
The table shown below showcases different insurance premium costs for Jeep Commander models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are established helps drivers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Commander Sport 2WD||$272||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,420||$118|
|Commander Sport 4WD||$272||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|Commander Limited 2WD||$302||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,514||$126|
|Commander Limited 4WD||$302||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,514||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Fresno which can modify insurance rates considerably.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Commander insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There isn’t a steadfast formula that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Commander settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $400 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Get cheaper Jeep Commander insurance rates in Fresno
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Fresno car insurance online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Fresno car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Commander insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, driver’s education, passive restraint, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include distant student, bundle discounts, switch companies, business and professional, good student, and youthful driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, military active duty, good student, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and air bags.
- American Family may offer discounts for good driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, multi-policy, family plan, easy pay, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
If you are trying to find affordable Jeep Commander insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Fresno. To choose insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Fresno, click here to view.
Insurance is not optional in California
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Jeep Commander in Fresno, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jeep Commander, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Jeep gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When to contact an insurance agent
Many people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Fresno.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Fresno who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Fresno can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to check rates from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below are Fresno independent agencies that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Maffei Ins and Fin Services
5633 W Figarden Dr Ste 104 – Fresno, CA 93722 – (559) 322-3355 – View Map
- Agri-Center Insurance Inc
2650 W Shaw Ln – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 233-0123 – View Map
- Walter L. Clark and Associates, Inc.
7673 N Ingram Ave #103 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 222-0300 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. They are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fresno who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Gary Gonzales
191 W Shaw Ave Ste 109 – Fresno, CA 93704 – (559) 243-2020 – View Map
- Andy Bergstrom – State Farm Insurance Agent
470 E Herndon Ave #109 – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 435-8332 – View Map
- Danny Armenta – State Farm Insurance Agent
6105 E Kings Canyon Rd Ste 108 – Fresno, CA 93727 – (559) 453-1554 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?