Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who do rate comparisons will most likely buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who shopped around every year saved over $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving money on auto insurance in Fresno is why you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to find and compare insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Fresno is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers who sell auto insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Fresno. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
All major car insurance companies make it easy to get insurance quotes online. This process is very simple because you just enter your required coverages into the quote form. After you submit the form their system gets your credit score and driving record and returns a price determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Kia Niro insurance in Fresno makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to perform this step if you want to get cheap prices.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in California. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Fresno, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Will my Kia Niro be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Fresno.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to companies in Fresno that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get rate quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Fresno who can help you get free rate quotes.
- New Horizon Insurance Services
325 Clovis Ave #114 – Clovis, CA 93612 – (559) 322-2525 – View Map
- Reza Sarkhosh Insurance Agency, Inc.
2491 W Shaw Ave #124 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 243-9000 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Maffei Ins and Fin Services
5633 W Figarden Dr Ste 104 – Fresno, CA 93722 – (559) 322-3355 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Fresno that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Steve Bezzerides – State Farm Insurance Agent
4270 N Blackstone Ave #201 – Fresno, CA 93726 – (559) 222-5278 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Jagdeep Singh
4185 W Figarden Dr #101 – Fresno, CA 93722 – (559) 527-5530 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Geena Cha
2511 E Lamona Ave – Fresno, CA 93703 – (559) 494-0766 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the price. Before buying a policy in Fresno, get answers to these questions.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Where are claims handled?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
After you get satisfactory answers for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will provide car insurance coverage. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can cancel coverage whenever you want so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency for the full policy term.