If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Fresno is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, read about individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that increase rates like inattentive driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A key point to remember is to use identical coverages on every quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop around are likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely shopped around saved an average of $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best rates on Kia Rio insurance is your intention, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can save money and time.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance data for a Kia Rio
The rate table shown next showcases detailed analysis of coverage costs for Kia Rio models. Having a good grasp of how insurance policy rates are calculated is important for you to make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific Fresno garaging location which can raise or lower insurance rates significantly.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Kia with a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Kia Rio and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Teenage vs. mature drivers – Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Beginning drivers are proven to be easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
The data below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Gals tend to be lower risk – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females get in fender benders in similar percentages, but males tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
The chart below shows the comparison of Kia Rio yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – The majority of companies allow lower prices for people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on your insurance policy. It usually means you are more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Insurance loss statistics a Kia Rio – Companies factor in insurance loss information when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Kia Rio vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Kia Rio Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Rio 90 109 81 141 158 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Kia Rio to commute?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Who is covered when they drive my Kia Rio?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
How much can you save?
When searching for cheaper Fresno car insurance quotes, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agents. Cost effective Kia Rio insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Fresno, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
More information is located at the links below
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fresno Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)