If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Fresno.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and a bad credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for the details to help prevent high rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Fresno. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who shop around for better prices are inclined to move their business because of the good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey found that consumers who compared rates once a year saved about $865 annually compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable Lincoln LS insurance is your intention, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare auto insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Fresno is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Nearly everyone who buys car insurance will most likely be able to cut their insurance bill. Although California drivers must learn how companies determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the cost of your policy.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above are:
If you want the cheapest Lincoln LS rate quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered in every state. To find insurers with discount auto insurance rates in California, click here.
There are several ways to compare quotes from local Fresno insurance companies. The quickest method to find the lowest Lincoln LS rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to quote Lincoln LS insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the peace of mind that you can only get from talking to an agent. However, consumers can get prices online and still use a local agent.
Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons helps locate lower pricing.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Fresno, CA. If you wish to find the best car insurance in CA, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Informed Drivers Know How to Get Auto Insurance More Affordably
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in cheaper rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
Liability limits should be high – The liability section of your policy is the protection when you are responsible for an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Many auto insurance companies will give discounts to clients who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare Lincoln LS rates in Fresno to help ensure you have the lowest rates. It’s possible to still save even more than the discount by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Do males or females drive better? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men are responsible for at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
Traffic violations inflate costs – A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Rates are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Your occupation can affect prices – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, police officers, and stock brokers usually pay the highest rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations like professors, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Where you live plays a part – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
High physical damage deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact an agency since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How are claims handled?
Different types of Fresno auto insurance agents
When researching a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Fresno willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to compare quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Fresno that are able to give price quote information.
After receiving positive feedback to any questions you have as well as cheap LS insurance quotes, you may have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy. But remember, you can always cancel your policy at any time so don’t assume that you are obligated to any specific agency for a certain time period.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lincoln with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your Lincoln LS and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is overpaying over $810 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When getting Fresno car insurance quotes online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We covered many ways to find cheaper Lincoln LS insurance in Fresno. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest rates are with an unexpected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)