It's an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop rates annually will probably switch companies because there is a high probability of finding discount prices. A recent study showed that people who shopped around annually saved an average of $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance in Fresno is your objective, then knowing how to quote and compare insurance rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The most effective way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in Fresno.
Step 1: Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper coverage is available in Fresno. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Be sure to store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you're comparing identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including daily mileage, the ages of drivers, any included safety features, and if a SR-22 is required. Your insurance information is automatically sent to many highly-rated insurers and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Fresno, CA. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Fresno, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$1,146||$573||$96|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$906||$453||$76|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$972||$486||$81|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$886||$443||$74|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$886||$443||$74|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 2WD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
Car insurance is not optional in California
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Companies don't always publicize all possible discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fresno auto insurance online. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Home Ownership Discount - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Multi-line Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower prices if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Fresno auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for driver's education, multiple autos, good driver, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, defensive driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including safety features, good student, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, and newly married.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, and bundle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
If you need affordable Fresno auto insurance quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies who offer free auto insurance quotes in California, follow this link.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
Always remember that when buying your policy, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Every insured's situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.