The best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in Fresno. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are very likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved about $850 each year compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price on Volvo XC70 insurance in Fresno is why you’re reading this, then learning a little about how to shop for insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
If you have coverage now or just want to save money, use these techniques to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Fresno is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Drivers just need to learn the best way to compare rate quotes instantly.
Lowering your Volvo XC70 auto insurance rates is an easy way to save money. All that’s required is to spend a little time comparing free Fresno car insurance quotes to find the company with affordable Fresno car insurance quotes.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to and from local Fresno insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates this option unless you require the professional assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible to obtain prices from the web and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in California. To get cheap car insurance in CA, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volvo XC70 in Fresno, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volvo has a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
The data table shown below highlights a range of insurance coverage prices for Volvo XC70 models. Being more informed about how policy rates are formulated is important for you to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$206||$362||$480||$28||$144||$1,220||$102|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$206||$418||$480||$28||$144||$1,276||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease premium rates greatly.
Gender-based insurance rates by age
The diagram below shows the difference between Volvo XC70 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC70 auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive guideline for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo XC70 claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Insurance rates and discounts
Some insurance providers do not list the entire discount list very well, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Fresno car insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Fresno can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Student in College – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Fresno and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total XC70 insurance premium.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could mean lower insurance rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as opposed to bad drivers.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your policy premium.
The information below shows the difference between Volvo XC70 auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include alternative fuel, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, early shopping, homeowner, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for safe driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, multi-policy, driver training, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, defensive driving training, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-theft, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, drive less, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly married, multi-car, multi-policy, new graduate, and teen driver discount.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate companies offering insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
What is the best car insurance company in Fresno?
Insuring your vehicle with the best car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Fresno. The information displayed below may help you choose which insurers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Fresno Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family