How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for low-cost Chevy Spark EV insurance in Fresno? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Chevy Spark EV in California could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for a Chevy and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from Fresno insurance agents.
If you have a policy now or just want cheaper coverage, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Comparing rates for the cheapest policy in Fresno is not as confusing as people think. Shoppers just have to learn the fastest way to compare rates from multiple carriers.
Low Cost companies for Chevy Spark EV insurance in California
The companies in the list below offer quotes in California. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
How Your Spark EV Insurance Prices are Determined
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower rates.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine your rates.
Liability limits on your policy – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Better prices on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Chevy scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Low stress occupation equals lower rates – Jobs like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to high stress levels and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like scientists, engineers and performers have lower than average premiums.
Never have coverage lapses – Letting your insurance expire will be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
City dwellers may pay more – Choosing to live in a rural area has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Less people means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims. City drivers regularly have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Gender and insurance prices – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Fresno?
Insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new Spark EV is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable companies to monitor their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance companies give a lower price if you buy life insurance.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- American Family may offer discounts for accident-free, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, air bags, and Steer into Savings.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and defensive driving training.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including theft prevention, good student, automatic seat belts, homeowners, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for good student, IntelliDrive, home ownership, payment discounts, and early quote.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, federal employee, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and good student.
If you are trying to find affordable Fresno auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Fresno. If you would like to view insurers that offer discounts in Fresno, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people would rather go talk to an agent. Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Fresno.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Fresno who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
What types of auto insurance agents are in Fresno?
If you need to find local Fresno agents, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Fresno can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either one can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you will want to get several quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent insurance agents in Fresno that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Walter L. Clark and Associates, Inc.
7673 N Ingram Ave #103 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 222-0300 – View Map
- New Horizon Insurance Services- Fresno
7543 N Ingram Ave #105 – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 244-6644 – View Map
- Avakian Insurance Services, Inc.
1274 W Hedges Ave – Fresno, CA 93728 – (559) 268-7386 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Below are Fresno exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: David Frisby
1625 E Shaw Ave #148 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 224-2100 – View Map
- Steph Flores Peters – State Farm Insurance Agent
371 E Bullard Ave #104 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 274-0600 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Geena Cha
2511 E Lamona Ave – Fresno, CA 93703 – (559) 494-0766 – View Map
Picking a insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Fresno?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Fresno?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Upon receiving positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that will properly service your auto insurance policy. Keep in mind you can always terminate coverage for any reason so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to a specific company for any length of time.
Which car insurance company is best in California?
Buying coverage from a highly-rated car insurance company is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in California. The information displayed below could help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistent drivers can save
When you buy Fresno auto insurance online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some auto insurance companies may not have online quoting and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Cheap Chevy Spark EV insurance in Fresno is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We covered many ways to compare Chevy Spark EV insurance prices in Fresno. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
How to find cheaper quotes for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Fresno
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Fresno is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers in California. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as careless driving and your credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and maximum price selection.
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fresno Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fresno Car Insurance for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Fresno? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)