We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who shop around annually are highly likely to buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A study discovered that consumers who shopped around saved on average $865 annually compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make the process less intimidating.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount Pontiac GTO insurance in Fresno is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in California. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Low Cost Pontiac insurance price quotes in Fresno
The following companies offer price comparisons in California. To locate the best car insurance in Fresno, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. The deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Save money by having multiple policies – Some insurance companies apply discounts for people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to compare Pontiac GTO rates in Fresno to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Your spouse saves you money – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Keep car insurance claims to a minimum – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in California generally give the lowest premiums to drivers who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Cheaper rates on Pontiac GTO insurance in Fresno with these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on GTO insurance in Fresno.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple policy, good driver, and multiple autos.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, federal employee, and anti-theft.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century may include discounts for automatic seat belts, 55 and older, good student, teen driver, homeowners, and theft prevention.
- American Family offers premium reductions for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, good student, air bags, and good driver.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, driver training, and good student.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, good driver, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Fresno auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply in every state. For a list of car insurance companies that offer discounts in California, click this link.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood Fresno car insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Fresno who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
When researching a good Fresno insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Fresno who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Israel Cortes
5446 N Palm Ave #105 – Fresno, CA 93704 – (559) 230-1300 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Jagdeep Singh
4185 W Figarden Dr #101 – Fresno, CA 93722 – (559) 527-5530 – View Map
- Danny Armenta – State Farm Insurance Agent
6105 E Kings Canyon Rd Ste 108 – Fresno, CA 93727 – (559) 453-1554 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get rate quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies who may have lower rates.
The following are Fresno independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Pillar Insurance Partners, LLC
1477 E Shaw Ave #140 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 436-6441 – View Map
- DiBuduo and DeFendis Insurance Brokers LLC
6873 N West Ave – Fresno, CA 93711 – (559) 432-0222 – View Map
- Mc Carty Insurance Inc: Mc Carty Chad R
1625 Shaw Ave # 111 – Fresno, CA 93710 – (559) 324-1421 – View Map
After getting good responses and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy. Keep in mind you can always cancel coverage whenever you choose to so don’t assume you are locked into the insurance policy for the full policy term.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there really is no one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- If my Pontiac GTO is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Be persistent and save
Discount Pontiac GTO insurance in Fresno can be bought online in addition to many Fresno insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Pontiac GTO insurance in Fresno. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Fresno Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)