Have you had enough of paying out the nose to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You are no different than many other California drivers.
It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of California auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save roughly 46.5% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Due to the abundance of different company options, it can be difficult for people to locate the lowest cost insurance company.
It’s a great practice to shop coverage around at least once a year since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal on Volkswagen Eos insurance in Fresno a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the right way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Locating the best rates in Fresno is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you’re already insured, you will be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. But California vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies market insurance on the web and use it to your advantage.
Cheap Volkswagen insurance rate quotes in Fresno
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Fresno, CA. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in CA, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Volkswagen Eos insurance rate analysis
The premium information shown below highlights a range of rate quotes for Volkswagen Eos models. Understanding more about how insurance prices are calculated is important for making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower coverage rates substantially.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Volkswagen Eos insurance rates for different age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders raise Volkswagen Eos annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Eos car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The prices are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Eos claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Discounts for cheaper insurance rates
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before being credited.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Eos can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fresno car insurance quote in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Fresno Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your insurance premiums.
The example below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Eos car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, air bags, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, driver training, military active duty, and seat belt use.
- Travelers may offer discounts for early quote, new car, payment discounts, continuous insurance, home ownership, and driver training.
- Nationwide includes discounts for multi-policy, business or organization, good student, anti-theft, easy pay, family plan, and defensive driving.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for pay in full, multi-car, mature driver, good student, and homeowner.
- Esurance discounts include claim free, DriveSense, Pac-12 alumni, online quote, homeowner, and online shopper.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, accident-free, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for accident-free, multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, and low natural disaster claims.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies everywhere. To locate companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Fresno, click here to view.
Save Money with These Tips
Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but some are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The items below are just a few of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Lower stress equals lower prices – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Jobs such as real estate brokers, social workers, and emergency personnel generally pay higher premium rates due to intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers like actors, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Your gender affects rates – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females are responsible for fender benders in similar numbers, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The information below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Eos car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
- No policy claims equals cheaper rates – Auto insurance companies in California generally give most affordable rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- How do annual miles impact rates? – The higher the miles on your Volkswagen every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated Eos can cost quite a bit. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage is showing the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- How much liability – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if ever you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Insurance losses for a Volkswagen Eos – Companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Volkswagen Eos vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Volkswagen Eos Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Eos Convertible 88 77 78 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Independent and exclusive insurance agencies
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find cheaper auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Fresno that are able to give price quote information.
Karen Barry-Ennis – State Farm Insurance Agent
1205 E Olive Ave – Fresno, CA 93728 – (559) 268-7431 – View Map
Andy Bergstrom – State Farm Insurance Agent
470 E Herndon Ave #109 – Fresno, CA 93720 – (559) 435-8332 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, you need to include price quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Fresno that are able to give comparison quotes.
If you receive good feedback to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can provide car insurance coverage.
Lower rates by being persistent
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high prices, policy non-renewal, poor customer service and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheaper Volkswagen Eos insurance in Fresno is attainable online and with local Fresno insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding affordable Volkswagen Eos insurance in Fresno
The recommended way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Fresno.
- First, try to comprehend auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Fresno? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fresno Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)